Becoming an eye, tissue, and organ donor in Minnesota is easy.
- Check “donor” on your driver’s license or state ID card.
- Sign up on your state donation registry: Minnesota residents, North Dakota residents, Wisconsin residents.
- Sign a donor card in front of your family or other witnesses.
- Complete a health care directive and give copies to your family, physicians, and hospital.
- Sign up when you apply for a Minnesota hunting or fishing license.
The Lions Gift of Sight believes each person has the ability and the right to make his or her own informed decision about eye donation. However, donor family involvement remains essential to carrying out eye donation, and the eye bank will continue to support eye donor families throughout the donation process.
Thank you for considering donation and the gift of sight!